On average, consumers are watching three hours less television per week (a 17.6% decline). Plus, the average time a consumer spends listening to radio has declined 2.7%. With both of these industries forecasting further erosion of market share, a sea-change in marketing is well under way. These mediums are still valuable for you to reach your targeted audiences. Even so, the writing is on the wall: new avenues are emerging.
Half of the world’s population is now online and 30% of those users are active on social media. Over one-billion people search YouTube to watch videos. Nearly 1.8-billion people use Facebook and Twitter to share videos, pictures and articles via status updates. Every single minute, 323 days worth of YouTube videos are viewed on Facebook’s newsfeed.
Mickle Communications is leading the way in the creation of engaging, easily sharable content that will get your brand or product in front of the most influential consumers on the web. Our team is well established as the region’s preeminent group of storytellers, documentarians, media professionals, campaign strategists, and cable producers.
Through our three brands – Mickle Communications, I-80 Productions, and our magazine, QC Family Focus – we create:
* Marketing content for YouTube and other social platforms.
* Documentary and episodic television productions for cable networks as well as WQAD, the Quad Cities’ CW, WQPT, and Iowa Public Television.
* The region’s largest circulation monthly family magazine, which is distributed to 100-plus schools across Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois.
Our clients include the Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce, Genesis Sports Rehabilitation, the Quad City Symphony Orchestra, Davenport Police Department, and the Scott County YMCA, just to name a few.
AWARDS // RECOGNITION
– Best Documentary: The Guerrero Project: Key West Indie Fest
– Best Feature Reporter: Arkansas Associated Press
– Best Reporter in Market: Illinois Associated Press
– Emmy Award: The Safe Side: Academy of Television Arts & Sciences
– Video of the Year: The Safe Side: Parent Magazine
– Best in Show: University of Oregon Football: American Advertising Federation
– Webby Award: Executive Producer – Best Use of Video or Moving Image -The Future of Football – Oregon Ducks
– Best Investigative Reporter: Oklahoma, Arkansas, Illinois, and Iowa Associated Presses
– Superior Achievement in a Poetry Collection: Bram Stoker Award
– 2015 Best Videography and Taping Service: Locals Love Us
– 2015 Hospitality Award: Quad Cities Convention and Visitors Bureau
– 2015 Award of Excellence in Electronic Communications: Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
– 2015 Social Media Campaigns to Inspire You: MavSocial
– Official Selection: Orlando Film Festival, Memphis Film Festival, Iowa Motion Picture Association